Charleston County Public Library is accepting submissions during the month of September for the Saul Alexander Gallery at the Main Library.
This is an opportunity for South Carolina artists and craftsmen to present their work to the public. A jury of local art professionals will meet to review all submissions. Those accepted will be scheduled to exhibit for one month during 2018 or early 2019.
- Artists must submit a current resume and 8 to 12 examples of their work in the form of photographs, CDs or other electronic medium appropriate for display to the CCPL Gallery Committee. We recommend visiting the space prior to submission to determine the suitability of the space for your work.
- Examples submitted must be representative of the work intended for display, and appropriately labeled with the artist’s name, the title, medium and size.
- Artists must be at least 18 years old to be considered by the gallery committee.
- The work should not have been previously exhibited at the library. Preference will be given to newly created works.
- After the CCPL Gallery Committee has met to select those artists who will display in the following year, those selected will be notified and assigned their exhibition month.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.